Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Launch of Style Canvas

I started Style Canvas as private project on my Face Book album a couple of months ago. It is a mood board with images that I find inspiring. A dear friend of mine encouraged me to start a blog instead so I can share my mood board with more people... and that's why you are reading this. Inspired by blog sites with real substance such as The Sartorialist, Style Rookie and Sea Of Shoes, Style Canvas is a passion project where I show my style and the styles that I find inspiring.

Fashion is our body armour... and I found the mood board from Topshop's latest collection that is aptly named as that.


Having a good sense style is key to survival in this concrete jungle of ours. With the military trend still in season, this 'festival army' mood board from Topshop is a light hearted way of not taking the military trend overboard.



Warehouse even launched a dedicated collection named 'Warehouse Utility'.


For this season, my purchases inspired by the military trend are the Giuseppe Zanotti studded canvas green stilettos, a Burberry Prorsum trench jacket and three army medal-style badges from Comme Ca (bought during my Tokyo trip).





The lust list for military inspired items are definitely a Balmain jacket, Alexander McQueen fold over canvas boots, as well as the Giuseppe Zanotti canvas laced up boots.


No comments:

Post a Comment