Saturday, May 8, 2010

Meet The Gentlewoman




Couple of days ago, I was at Border's browsing through the magazines and finally chanced upon The Gentlewoman. I read somewhere about the launch of this new magazine on 22nd March 2010, and was excited to actually check out the inaugural issue. I am loving the cover layout... clean and strong, good choice of colours and an impactful monochrome image.


What is The Gentlewoman all about? According to the official website, it is "a new bi-annual style magazine for a new decade. Featuring inspirational, international women, it pairs ambitious journalism with a sartorial and intelligent perspective on fashion that is focused on personal style – the way women actually look, think and dress."


What do I think? I was very impressed by what I saw. Why? For a start, it featured the "woman of the moment" - Phoebe Philo of Celine. First impression matters. This is a very good one as they put the right girl on the cover... a girl whom all the girls like and admire. I love the photography, the fact that the pictures are almost cinematic.






For the fashion pages, I think the photography and concepts are uniquely refreshing. I like the tongue-in-cheek fashion spread for "Tall 'n Small".




More fashion pages...





The Gentlewoman is brought to you by the Fantastic Man. I kid you not. The Fantastic Man is a Dutch bi-annual style journal for men.






Official Site : www.thegentlewoman.com and www.fantasticman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment