Friday, June 11, 2010

The Flower Power Of Perrier-Jouёt






A few hours ago, I was at the St. Regis Singapore having a wonderful dinner at Brasserie Les Saveurs. It was a night of Perrier-Jouёt with a special 5-course culinary degustation menu prepared by Executive Chef Frédéric Colin, a veteran of 2 and 3 Michelin Star restaurants in France.

I was excited about the prospect of savouring the portfolio of champagnes by Perrier-Jouёt, in particular the Belle Epoque Blanc 2000. I have always been fascinated by Perrier-Jouёt's advertising campaigns with the Japanese anemones flower motif. The iconic design was created in 1902 by Émile Gallé , a famous and well-respected artist of the Art Nouveau movement.




So, let's get back to the dinner. This is the menu for the exquisite dinner I had earlier. Thomas Lignier from the House of Perrier-Jouёt was present to take the guests through the pairing of the champagnes and the dishes.


Amuse Bouche : Oyster with cucumber jelly
(Oysters are usually a good pairing with champagne. I had it with the Brut N.V)


Marinated scallops with yuzu and caramelized foie gras
(I never had the combination of scallops and foie gras. To my surprise, they went well together.)


Dover sole with lemon butter
(Sole sounds boring but this dish was sure not. The textures of all the garnishes and the well-prepared fish fillet made it worth all the calories ingested.)


Roasted lobster and risotto
(This dish was elegantly done with all the flavours coming together in an orgasmic way)


Slowly roasted duck magret with spiced mango
(The taste of the duck and the spices was so overpowering that it needed to be paired with a champagne with strong characteristics.)


Pear mousse with salted caramel and pear sorbet
(Simply TO DIE FOR! This light dessert complemented the Belle Epoque 2000 really went, doing the champagne full justice.)




My verdict? An unforgettable meal with excellent champagnes. If I have to say which is my favourite Perrier-Jouёt, I would say it is Belle Epoque Blanc 2000, followed closely by Belle Epoque Rosé 1999. Vintage is the way to my heart and palette when it comes to champagnes.


Official Site : www.perrier-jouet.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr odoma cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr odoma the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348100649947 or email:drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com    i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr odoma that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com?. or WHATSAPP +2348100649947

    ReplyDelete