Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lessons From The Satorialist



The godfather of all style blogs, The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman, is one of my favourite. The reason why I love it is simple... it is in line with my philosophy that the street is a canvas and we are the art. If we all inject a sense of style and put in a little bit of effort in our dressing, we become mobile artworks that inspire others.

So, the following pics are the styles that I find inspiring and will be incorporating (if not already incorporated) in my own daily "artistic" expression.


IT'S COOL TO FOLD UP THE HEMS

I do not have the long legs the likes of supermodels, so my fundamental rule when folding up the hems is I must wear sky high heels. As much as I love the look with brogues, I am afraid I will only end up looking like a Hobbit. Hence I live by my motto of "with height, will conquer".







HAVE A HERO JACKET

If you have a hero jacket, the outfit will stand out. Perhaps that is the reason why I subconsciously bought more than 10 jackets in the past few months.




SHOES... GLORIOUS SHOES

When you wear fabulous shoes, people will notice... and you can get away with murder (not literally, but you know what I mean). I love wedges... they give the height with the comfort. Louboutins red soles are like red Ferraris... va va vroom.




YOU "HAT" ME AT HELLO

A hat gives an edge to an outfit like no other accessory can. Enough said. However, you must have the attitude to wear the hat... or it will wear you instead.






WHEN MORE IS JUST RIGHT

Layering jewellery is tricky business and it's something I still have to learn. This picture serves as an inspiration to me.



BELT IT REAL GOOD

The once forgotten sidekick is making a comeback this season. You get a free belt with almost every item you buy from Zara this season... shorts, trousers, skirts, dresses. If you don't believe me, go check it out for yourself.





Official Site : thesartorialist.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr odoma cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr odoma the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348100649947 or email:drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com    i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr odoma that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com?. or WHATSAPP +2348100649947

    ReplyDelete