Friday, June 4, 2010

Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down



Once upon a time, a girl went to Paris and fell in love... with an Hermès scarf she saw at the Rue du Faubourg St Honore boutique, one with a flamenco dancer in a glorious black and white polka-dot dress against a red background. That girl was me. Since then, I began collecting and wearing silk scarves in unconventional ways.

This is my very first Hermès scarf
Hola Flamenca, designed by Dimitri Rybalchenko in 2005


Some days I love wearing it as a Japanese obi belt or as a halter-neck top. I love that a scarf can transform an outfit and create a look that is unique to the individual. It has become one of my signature styles and my love for wearing scarves is a known fact among my peers.


The scarf belt is the key accessory when I want to keep jewellery to a minimum.
(This is the Hola Flamenca scarf by Hermès)


The scarf belt is perfect in creating a waist line when I have a shapeless dress.
(Another Hermès scarf with horse and carriage motif)


I love wearing the scarf as a head band as well.
This was for the Hermès P.S. I Silk You charity project (shot by Catalog Magazine)


This is my favourite way to wear a scarf... as a halter top.
(This is my latest Hermès scarf with horse motif. Wore it for the URBAN feature)


Apparently the scarf top caught the attention of URBAN in 2007.
Perhaps it's the scarf that was "Hey Good Looking". *Lol*


Wearing a scarf to an event makes for a good conversation topic. I have been asked by friends and even strangers how I tie my scarf when they see me wearing one. I usually end up doing a demonstration using a napkin or a serviette. It is really that simple. Hence, I have scanned some pics from the Hermès knotting cards to share with you the ways to wear it.


WEAR IT AS AN OBI BELT

For an added twist in line with latest trend, you can layer it with a long leather belt twilled round once or twice... depending on the length.



WEARING MULTIPLE SCARVES AS ONE




WEAR IT WITH A HAT




WEAR IT AS A TOP




WEAR IT AS A HEAD BAND





WEAR IT AS ARM SLING





DO THE TWILLY



I hope your journey with scarf discovery will be a fun and creative one. Here are some images from the Catalog Magazine for Hermès P.S. I Silk You Charity Project as your source of inspiration...




2 comments:

  1. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon.
    Silk Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr odoma cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr odoma the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348100649947 or email:drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com    i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr odoma that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com?. or WHATSAPP +2348100649947

    ReplyDelete