Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Horsing Around With Hermes



I just got back from the Hermes presentation of its Spring fashion show and I was blown away. The Spring collection offers what I am looking: tailoring, leather, great accessories. I got so inspired that I went to check out the entire collection on Style.com when I got home. I am so glad that I will be off to Paris next weekend. Guess that's where my paycheck will be spent.

Jean Paul Gaultier's swan song at Hermes is a beautiful end. What a strong collection! I never thought the French rebel would be a good fit at Hermes but JPG proved he could take give a modern twist to a historical brand that started off with equestrian accessories. Goodbye JPG. I hope your successor Christophe Lemaire will keep up the good work.


#1 - Harness Your Inner Sensuality





If this harness fits me well, I am so buying it. It has my name written all over it. I would wear it with a white shirt, an Hermes scarf or even with a black tube dress to a gala event.


#2 - B&B Is Cool




Black and brown is the new black and white. Wear it with a touch of white or grey to make the colour combo pop.


#3 - More Is More




The trend according to Hermes is to layer on your leather wrist accessories. Even a wrist bag... but make it a mini Birkin though! Wicked!


#4 - Tough Elegance





I am not the typical woman in saccharine sweet Marchesa gowns at gala events. A rebel at heart, I prefer edgier evening wear and Hermes has just the looks for me this season. Bring on the leather!

For the complete collection, please visit www.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment