Friday, March 11, 2011

Zurich Report - 72 Hours



Zurich may not be as exciting as big European cities such as London or Paris, but it is charming in its own ways. I spent 72 hours in Zurich while en route to St Moritz, and I left the city with good memories of little things that I encountered.

#1 - Eat bread & pretzel



I usually only eat bread when they are served warm, and with lots of butter. In Zurich, the bread taste good even when they are cold. I don't know if it's the water or the flour, but they taste darn good... especially the pretzels. I miss having a pretzel while walking down the street. Auntie Anne's is a joke compared to these.


#2 - Stop and smell the flowers


Couldn't resist taking pics of these beautiful flowers. I wish they were these pretty in Singapore.



#3 - Eat some roasted chestnuts


Eating roasted chestnuts on a cold winter day is one of the best simple pleasures in life. I particularly like this vintage looking cart.


#4 - Shop and dine at Globus

Globus is like Harvey Nicks to me. A good place to check out window display installations, as well as to shop.

I highly recommend the restaurant on Level 5, as it offers unpretentious and tasty food, while at the same time offering an amazing view of the city.


Cheese and spinach ravioli with ham and rocket


Very cheesy risotto... the way Laurent likes it!


#5 - Checking out IM VIADUKT

The viaduct on Hardbrücke’s railway is now a cool spot to hang out in Zurich. IM VIADUKT is a new concept mall that is being built from a landmark that has been around for more than a century. It houses the city's first covered market hall, a food hall, and a variety of boutiques.




I am looking forward to my next stopover in Zurich. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment