Saturday, April 9, 2011

Paris Report: L'eclaireur


If you think Colette is the only cool concept store in Paris, you haven't seen L'eclaireur. Started in 1982, L'eclaireur is celebrating 30 years of passion for fashion this year. It is 15 years ahead of Colette, as Colette opened only in 1997.

What I love about L'eclaireur is the fact that all its five stores are different in design concept. If you get the chance, you should visit all five, if not at least two key stores. If you are someone who appreciates visual merchandising and store design, you will find loads of inspirations from L'eclaireur.

On my recent trip to Paris, I visited the new store at the Marais area that offers only womenswear, as well as the store on rue Boissy d'Anglas (next to Buddha Bar) that offers menswear, womenswear and homeware.


L'eclaireur - Rue Boissy d'Anglas

The main entrance


Love the wall adorned with Fornasetti wall plates



If you are a fan of Fornasetti, you will find one of the biggest selection here.



The Fornasetti chairs... I died and went to design heaven!



L'eclaireur - 40 Sevigne, Marais

If I haven't done my research online, I would probably never have found the store. Tucked in a quiet street with no signage outside the front door, I found it because I recognised the shop front design. Ain't the passage to the store amazing? It is like a set of a sci-fi movie.











I think this is one of the coolest shop I have ever seen. It is forward thinking, unique, and words really couldn't do the store design justice. I would highly recommend for you to check out this store if you are in Paris. Be prepared to be blown away... I was!


Check out more pics and info on http://leclaireur.com or shop online at http://shop.leclaireur.com/EN/

No comments:

Post a Comment