Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Perricone Promise




If you are a beauty junkie, you will know Perricone MD. Founded by Dr. Nicolas Perricone whose belief is that we can control the way we age (wrinkles and all) by simply following an anti-inflammatory diet backed with nutritional supplements and anti-aging topical skincare.


I am a fan, and even have his famous book - The Perricone Promise.


If you are new to this brand, a good way to try it is with the 'Prescription for Youthful Skin' value set. It also makes the perfect travel skincare set. This set contains a Citrus Facial Wash, Firming Facial Toner, Advanced Face Firming Activator (for use in the morning), and Face Finishing Moisturizer.

After swiping the Firming Facial Toner over my cleansed face, I could see dark yellow marks left on the cotton pad. I assumed that meant the toner helped in removing the dead skin cells. I like the fact that it left no stinging sensation on my sensitive skin. My favourite is the Face Finishing Moisturizer, as it left my skin really smooth. I would definitely recommend this.



Another favourite of mine is the 'No Foundation Foundation'. It is Perricone's version of the BB cream. It provides adequate natural coverage with SPF 30 protection. Its anti-aging formula helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time, while its specially treated pigments and light diffusing mica help to instantly soften the looks of lines, pores and wrinkles. I would recommend using loose powder as a finishing touch, as the application on its own can feel rather sticky and shiny.


As the range available at Sephora is rather limited, I am hoping that these following products will be available soon, as I can't wait to try them.


Described as a rich emollient cream-serum that absorbs quickly to hydrate, minimize the appearance of puffiness, and brighten around the eyes—and doubles as an excellent eyeshadow base. Cold Plasma, a breakthrough, revolutionary treatment from Dr. Perricone formulated to address the 10 most visible signs of aging is creating a buzz even among aesthetic doctors.


Inspired by a passion to feed hungry skin, Dr Perricone created SUPER, a nourishing collection of formulas for the face and body. Infused with phytonutrients derived from some of the most powerful superfoods and formulated with advanced patented sciences.


I love the colourful packaging and innovative formulations. Think Super Bright Eyed with Melon, Super 3-Minute Facial with Ginger, Super Acne Treatment with Green Apple, Super Detox Elixir with Watercress, and Super Hand & Cuticle Cream with Yogurt. These products sound good enough to eat!

I think this is one "First-Aid" kit that I would like to keep in my beauty cabinet. Super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment