Saturday, April 30, 2011

Top Beauty Picks - Back To Basics


I am not a skincare nor makeup expert, but I am a beauty junkie. I have also picked up some tips from makeup artists at photo shoots from time to time. Here are some of the products that I have tried and tested, and think they are good enough to share with you. :)


The Best Facial Cleanser - Officina De' Tornabuoni


It is rare to get a cream cleanser in a pot and even rarer to get this brand in Singapore. ODT (short for Officina de' Tornabuoni) is a hidden gem from Italy. This Florentine house has been producing the finest quality, natural and effective skincare and health supplements for royalty and other discerning clientele since 1843! The products are made with the finest quality ingredients, without the use of parabens, mineral oils and artificial colorants. This 'Crema Sapone Non Sapone' cleanser contains high concentration of pure Florentine iris, which helps to visibly tighten the pores and refine the complexion. It feels so luxurious every time I wash my face.


The Best Exfoliator - CURE Aqua Gel

This is all the rage now, with one bottle being sold every 20 seconds (claims its website). A good friend of mine who is into Japanese skincare highly recommended this to me. I got mine from Watson's last week and is now a convert. For those who remembered Ginvera Marvel Gel, this is similar but better. It is fragrance-free and comes in a simple unpretentious packaging. The best part is it really works... and you can use it for the face and body. Skin feels really smooth after the first use.


The Best Make-Up Remover - Biore Cleansing Oil Wipes

I have been using this product for years. From time to time, I got tempted to try expensive wipes from international makeup brands, but I always end up switching back to Biore. Why? It is 100% efficient and effective, removing every trace of makeup (including water-resistant eye makeup) without pulling my skin. I also love the fact that it is easily available and inexpensive.


The Best Eye-Makeup Remover - L'Oreal

This is a product I have been using for years. If it works, why change it? This eye makeup remover is gentle enough for contact lens wearer, yet strong enough to remove waterproof eye makeup instantly with a gentle, oil-free formula. Another inexpensive product that is easily available.


The Best Eye-Makeup Base - Urban Decay

I was introduced to this amazing product by the make-up artist on my wedding day. I have been having the problem of my eyeliner smudging for the longest time, and I am so glad to have finally found a solution! This eye-makeup base (matte version) looks and feels like a concealer. It intensifies eye shadow and keeps eyeliner in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment