Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Loving Gucci's '70s Glam



The '70s is a decade that I love sartorially. I was too young to experience the fashion first hand (since I was born at the tail end of the era), but I love what I saw on the silver screen and in the pages of fashion books.

When I think about the '70s, I think about glamorous women such as Bianca Jagger, Anjelica Huston and Michelle Pffeifer (in Scarface). We got a thing or two to learn from these women!

Bianca Jagger immortalised the YSL suit. She was the visionary of her times, wearing a white YSL suit and a hat for her wedding day. The outfit is still relevant today, and I would still consider it a bold statement for any bride who dares to pull it off.


Anjelica Huston was an unlikely supermodel (reason being tall & blond was all the rage but she's a brunette) in the late '60s and early '70s, who went on to be a Hollywood star. Look the effortless glam air about her.


Michelle Pffeifer as Elvira Hancock in Scarface... what a vision! Slinky dresses and super blings... achingly glam!


Knowing how much I love the '70s glam, you can imagine my excitement when I attended the Gucci Fall/Winter show two weeks ago. The '70s influence is evident in the collection and I can boldly declare that the '70s fashion is making its glamorous comeback! I ended up buying the feathered lilac fedora and a black velvet tuxedo.


The fedora on the runway...


The fedora as I wore it today...


The Gucci velvet tux that I wore to the Prestige Ball last week. I guess if Bianca Jagger could do it for her wedding in the '70s, I should have the audacity to pull it off at an event filled with beautiful gowns. I am rebel, I do not conform to the mundane.

The looks I love from Gucci Fall/Winter collection will serve as the mood board for the next few months. Love the rich colour palette and menswear-inspired tailoring. I wish people today will dress up like how they did in those days. Well, I will try.










No comments:

Post a Comment