Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SENNA - The Film




Since 2000, G.H.Mumm has been the official partner of the Formula 1 Grand Prix, celebrating the achievements of drivers all around the world for over a decade. Prior to handling the public relations for G.H.Mumm since last year, I knew nothing about F1. All I thought about F1 then were the cars, hot girls and parties... and of course, the spraying of the champagne on the victory podiums.


Thanks to G.H.Mumm, I had the privilege of having my first foray into F1 at The Paddock Club last year. I did my pit tour and all, but I still didn't have much understanding of the motorsport till today... till I watched the film"SENNA".



Once again, thanks to G.H.Mumm, I had the privilege to attend the Asia premiere of the film "SENNA" today. Directed by Asif Kapadia and written by Manish Pandey, this film will forever change the way a F1 novice like me look at motor-racing. I believe it will even move the hearts of those who know nothing about racing.



"SENNA" is a documentary-style film based on the true story of legendary Brazilian motor-racing champion, Ayrton Senna. The film showed Senna's decade-long motor racing career from 1984 to his untimely death a decade later. It explores the life and work of this triple world champion, his achievements on the track, his quest for perfection and the mythical status he has since attained.



The film offers heart-pounding racing scenes and heartbreaking emotional moments, and I found myself rooting for Senna. Even till today, he is revered as the greatest motor racing driver of all time. In Brazil, he is regarded as a saint for his achievements and the charity work that is still being carried on by the namesake foundation set up by his sister.


Ayrton Senna taught the world that success awaits those with passion, determination, and faith. I find myself having new found respect for all F1 drivers and the teams. It is truly a sport that pushes the limits and breaks the boundaries, all in the quest for excellence and the pursuit of perfection.

I would highly recommend this film, which has been chosen to be the closing film at this year's Singapore International Film Festival.



1 comment:

  1. Get Senna Movie Subtitles from Subwhale here: https://subwhale.com/movies/senna/

    Looking for subtitles for the Senna Movie? Check out Subwhale
    For the subtitles of this movie, check out: https://subwhale.com/movies/senna/

    ReplyDelete