Friday, November 25, 2011

The 20/20 Feast at Tippling Club



I just did a marathon. Nope, I didn't run one. I had a 4-hour long dinner marathon at Tippling Club. The occasion? Chef Ryan Clift had a one-night only special dinner to celebrate his 20th anniversary in the culinary world.


Over the course of his 20-year career, Ryan has worked with some of the world’s best chefs, including Marco-Pierre White, Peter Gordon, Emmanuel Renaut, Shannon Bennett, and Raymond Capaldi. Impressive!


This special 20-course dinner was priced at S$350++ per pax (excluding drinks).


The menu for the night. I arrived at Tippling Club at 8.30pm and I "rolled" myself out at half past midnight. The picture of a sweet little boy is Ryan when he was young! I asked Ryan when he started cooking and he replied, "I was a naughty boy and I dropped out of school when I was 14 years old, and I started cooking since then".


Here's a look at the magnificent dinner I had. Some of the dishes will be featured in the new menu so you will get a chance to sample them too. Go on, feast your eyes out on Ryan's creativity!

#1 - Cucumber & black miso, sakura ebi


Ryan preparing the 2nd course...


#2 Tuna taco, pulled pork


#3 - Scampi watercress


#4 - Smoked eel, mustard ice cream


#5 - Foie pearls


Ryan cooked most of his dishes using Gaggenau's induction hob at the bar counter, so his guests could see him in action. He is one of the ambassadors for the luxury German kitchen appliance brand in Singapore. Soon, he will be the first chef in Asia to be appointed as Gaggenau's international ambassador. The diners next to me were really wowed by the sleek design and hi-tech functions of the Gaggenau induction hob.


#6 - White truffle risotto


#7 - Razor clam with cep mushrooms


#8 - Black cassoulet
(Served using an egg coddler from Jenaer Glas)


#9 - Sole a la meuniere


#10 - Mussels and tomatoes
(Love this 'hot & cool' double-walled glass from Jenaer Glas)


#11 - Salsify and black truffles


#12 - Pigeon, beetroot, quinoa


#13 - Kagashima wagyu


#14 - Matcha tea sorbet


#15 - White truffle cheese


#16 - Peanut butter


#17 - Liquorice


#18 - Milk


#19 - Candy apple


#20 - Chocolate


What an inspiring gastronomic experience it has been! I am really glad that I attended this special dinner, even though I developed a temporary belly after pigging out. If Ryan does a similar dinner to celebrate 21 years as a chef next year, I will be there to do a 21-course dining marathon. If you like some of the dishes you see here, why not pop by to Tippling Club to experience Chef Ryan's progressive cuisine for yourself?


For more information, please visit :
Tippling Club - www.tipplingclub.com
Gaggenau - www.gaggenau.com
Jenaer Glas - www.zwieselkristallglas-shop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment